Useful legal information
We firmly believe that prevention is better than cure and would always encourage business owners to take legal advice early to avoid problems later on. We appreciate that sometimes it is hard to know whether there is a legal issue to address so the following checklists are intended to offer you general guidance on some of the legal issues that many businesses face. If as a result of reading one of these briefings you would feel you need specific advice please do contact us.
Over on the right you will also find some links to several sites and organisations that you may find useful in running your business.
Sales & Marketing
- Business Structures – an overview of the various different ways of legally setting up your business
- Shareholder Agreements – an overview of shareholder agreements and why you might need one
- Competition Law – the UK has tough penalties for colluding with competitors, this briefing gives you a good overview of the relevant law
- Contract Negotiation – a handy guide to the key points you should bear in mind when negotiating a contract for your business
- Dealing with a dispute – a few pointers to what you should do if your business is faced with a dispute
- Distributor or agent which do you need to appoint? – here are a few pointers on the differences between the two
- Recruiting staff – if you are thinking of recruiting then this briefing will help you with the minefield that is employment law
- Dismissing staff – if you are thinking of dismissing an employee then you should read this briefing before you do anything
- Internet, social media and e-mail use – a guide to the online legal risks your business faces and some practical suggestions to minimise those risks
- Discrimination and harassment – the basics you should be aware of when it comes to discrimination and harassment in the workplace